Baan Makham samui
Perched high in the hills above Koh Samui's quaint port at Nathon, this ultra-luxurious villa offers breathtaking panoramic views of the twinkling seas and offshore islands; the vistas also take in the famous Angthong Marine Park, the Five Islands, and the fishing boats and ferries arriving and departing the island, not to mention some of the island's most dramatic sunsets.
With contemporary open plan designs by renowned Bali based GFAB Architect, and intelligent,uncompromising living spaces, the villa boasts a distinctive, innovative character that breaks away from the more typical island villa layouts. There are no standalone pavillions. Instead, everything is conveniently contained within a single, spacious, multi-level property that works with the natural topography to offer unique, private tropical lifestyle experience.
The rooms slide open onto the fabulous island surroundings, providing a seamless integration of indoor and outdoor spaces, with a generous negative-edge pool as a centrepiece, its cooling waters merging with the ocean vistas for the ultimate sense of liberating escapism.
The modern interiors draw in the stunning views with contemporary luxuries, cutting edge technology and quality materials and furnishings in abundance, creating an appealing and supremely comfortable mountain retreat.
The villa is an expansive private residence that covers three levels with five bedrooms, eight bathrooms, a pool sala, a spa room with two massage tables, a fully equipped gym, a library room with sun deck, and a deluxe private cinema with full couches arranged on a slanted floor in front of a three-metre screen.
Along with its huge pool, another of the villa's standout features is the Great Room, which opens directly onto the pool deck and combines a lounge, dining room, and kitchen, each on different levels. The sunken living area is finished with plush couches and steps lead up to the dining area with 10 seater table and polished marble bar, then up again to the fully equipped western kitchen. Floor-to-ceiling glass doors allow guests can take in the spectacular views at all times and in all weather conditions, day and night.
All the bedrooms are airy, spacious and beautifully furnished, also carefully positioned to take in the breathtaking coastal vistas. All except the children's bedroom have flat screen TVs, large built-in wardrobes with personal safes, and the en-suite bathrooms feature walk-in rain showers. Two of the bedrooms also boast indulgent, free-standing terrazzo tubs.
Outside, sun worshippers have a choice of terraces, one directly in front of the pool, the other to the side and furnished with comfortable loungers. The lower floor bedrooms also open onto furnished covered balconies for private tropical moments, while planted terraces and towering coconut palms create an unrivalled sense of cosseted tropical escape.
This striking contemporary villa, with its viewpoint location and spacious design, is perfect for families or groups looking for a luxurious, restful private escape. There's enough space for everyone to lounge in peace and comfort around the large pool area with its terraces and cushioned loungers, while more energetic guests can work up a sweat in the gym or do laps in the pool. For private time the bedrooms are hidden away in their own individual spaces, while communal fun and entertainment are guaranteed thanks to the library, pool table and cinema room. While not a beachside villa, the property is designed to maximize the ocean views and the sense of space freedom more than makes up for any lack of sand. The villa’s well trained staff team is always on hand to serve guests and answer any request, preparing a delicious breakfast daily. A chef is also available for an additional food cost to prepare delicious meals throughout the day.
Part of the 12.5 acre villa development, situated in the coconut clad heights above Samui’s picturesque west coast, the property is in a secluded, peaceful location about 15 minutes from the town of Nathon. The town offers a choice of simple shopping and dining options, while for more sophisticated entertainment seekers, the world famous Nikki Beach club in around 20 minute drive from the villa in Lipa Noi. With a car it is not difficult to explore everything Samui has to offer – from waterfalls and elephant rides to nightlife and boat trips to the outlying islands that pepper the villa's amazing views.
• Large private swimming pool
• One children's room
• All bedrooms have flat screen TVs, large built-in wardrobes with personal safes, and the en-suite bathrooms feature walk-in rain showers except children room.
• Boast indulgent and free-standing terrazzo tubs are in 2 bedrooms.
• A spa room with two massage tables
• A fully equipped gym
• A library room with sun deck
• A deluxe private cinema with full couches arranged on a slanted floor in front of a three-metre screen.
• Satellite broadband (WIFI)
• Fully furnished inc. linens/towels
• Fully equipped western kitchen
• Nespresso coffee machine available, coffee capsule is additional cost
• A full size pool table
• A pool sala
• Multiple dinning area options
• In-house SUV (Isuzu Mu-7) can be used during stay, fuel on guest account *subject to availability and conditions
• The resident villa staff will ensure the villa is kept clean and tidy. The Villa Manager is available to cater to guests' specific needs and help organise activities, massage and spa treatments, as well as communication with the Thai chef and dealing with any matter arising at the villa
• Our Guest Relations & Concierge team will visit guests during their stay (usually the day after check in) to further ensure guests have a pleasant stay or to address any matters arising at the villa
• All basic laundry is done for guests at the View on a complimentary basis
• Bed linen is changed every third day, towels are changed as necessary
• Pool towels are provided and replenished as deemed necessary
• On site Thai Chef (Thai cuisine and Western favourites) with shopping list available. Food cost on Guests account (Terms & Conditions may apply for chef service)
• Concierge service for all tours and activities; private tours can also be arranged
• Car rental can be arranged with full insurance coverage, with or without driver
• Baby sitting service on request and subject to availability (charges apply)
Nightly Rental Rates
Rental rates from 1,350 USD++ to 2,200 USD++ per night dependent on season for 5 bedrooms/10 guests
Reduced occupancy rates available for 3 bedrooms only from 1,150 USD++ per night for 6 guests
++rates exclude 10% service and 7% tax
Free night promotions may be available in low season and early bird discounts are available for bookings made more than 120 days in advance - please inquire.
• Daily rates include a full time Thai Chef (food cost on Guests account)
• Minimum stay of 3 nights (7 nights over Christmas or New Year and 10 nights over both holidays, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, Easter and Songkran)
• Rates shown are for a maximum of 10 guests (including children). Extra bed will be charged at US$50 per night
• Daily Rates and extra beds are subject to 10% service charge and 7% tax
• Airport transfer: US$ 50 (plus tax) per trip for a maximum of 7 passengers in private mini bus or luxury car
• Baby cot provided free of charge
• Rates include daily Continental breakfast
• For weddings and private parties, surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guests
Booking Terms and Conditions
Intermediate and High seasons have minimum booking period of 3 night. Prime season has minimum booking period of 5 nights. Christmas/ny dates have minimum stay of 7-10 days dependent on dates.
For Intermediate, High, Promotional Seasons and other seasons stipulated in the rate sheet. All payment (s) received will be credited for use in the same villa as originally booked for within 9 month of the cancellation date if the booking is cancelled after the payment (s) date.
For Prime Season, Christmas/New Year and other season stipulated in the rate sheet. If the booking is cancelled after the deposit and/or balance payment date, all payment (s) received will be forfeited or refunded in pro-rata shall another booking be secured for the same period that has been cancelled. Should a Guest wish to change villa while on site, 3 days notice are required. Should the Guest change property immediately on arrival the 3 days notice will be forfeited. Should the Guest wish to stay in another villa at a lower rate, the Guest is not entitled to a refund on the amount originally paid, should the 2nd villa be more expensive, the Guest is required to pay the difference on site. Early departure is subject to the cancellation conditions as specified above.