Baan Makham samui
Occupying a dramatic Cliffside location overlooking Koh Samui's picturesque port town of Nathon, this luxurious property affords guests some of the most spectacular coastal views in Thailand; the wide vistas take in the striking limestone peaks of the National Marine Park, the legendary Five Islands and set the stage for memorable, crimson sunsets which slip right into the horizon, trailing blue and crimson skies.
The striking, ingenious design by Bali Based GFAB Architects features open plan living spaces that slide open onto the generous pool and dreamy views — form and function cleverly combined to create a distinctive, modern tropical ambience. Moving away from more familiar villa layouts, the rooms and terraces occupy a single, multi-storied building, staggered with the lay of the land and surrounded by tropical greenery and thriving coconut palms for the ultimate private island hideaway.
The spacious, multifunctional living area slides open directly onto the wide pool decks and generous infinity edge pool, its rippling blue waters reaching for the horizon and calmly reflecting the surrounding natural beauty. The borderless interior and outdoor spaces offering inspired luxury living.
The property extends over three separate levels offering guests an impressive choice of private and communal areas to relax and enjoy the surroundings in style. The expansive property features five bedrooms, seven bathrooms, a pool sala, a fully equipped gym, and a study with its own comfortable terrace and built in sofas, offering a fabulous spot to relax in the tropical warmth.
With the huge pool as a focal point, the rooms open onto outdoor terraces merging in- and outdoor areas to create a real sense of space and freedom. The Great Room combines a comfortable lounge, dining area and fully fitted western kitchen, each one positioned at different levels connected by steps. Comfortable sofas in the sunken living space are poised before a wall mounted, flat screen TV, while a 10-seater dining table awaits evening meals prepared in the modern, luxury fitted kitchen and fine vintage kept cool in the enormous wine fridge. The entire space slides open onto the pool deck maintaining a constant connection with the dramatic ocean views, and in addition to the indoor dining space, the villa also features an outside dining Sala with BBQ area for the ultimate al fresco feast.
Sleep comes easily with bright, breezy bedrooms, stylishly furnished with comfortable beds, flat screen TVs, built-in storage and personal safes. Four out of five bedrooms boast free standing bathtubs and all have rain showers. There's also a dedicated children's room close to the living and dining area, which has been kitted out with flat screen TV suitable for 3D movies, as well as several large beanbags for the kids to laze around on. Outside, a trampoline and play area will keep the children happy for hours.
A choice of outdoor terraces offer endless options to enjoy the sun drenched Samui climate, one connecting to the Great Room and pool, another to the side of the villa and furnished with cushioned sun loungers for lazy days dipping and reclining before the views. The lower floor bedrooms boast their own private balconies for cosseted retreat and the surrounding slopes are carpeted with palm trees, complemented by the villa's planted gardens to create a supremely private tropical escape.
This stunning, synchronous private residence makes the most of the jaw-dropping location and the expansive, open design is ideal for families or groups in search of a sophisticated personal retreat. The clever combination of communal and private space means there's more than enough space for everyone to enjoy the facilities in relaxed comfort, lounging by the pool or chilling in peace in the cool, comfortable living areas. Active guests scan make the most of the private gym between laps in the pool, and evening diversions are easily enjoyed with a movie on one of the flat scene TVs or with drinks on the terrace beneath the stars. The hillside location offers a supreme sense of personal space and freedom, constantly bathed in the outstanding views, which more than compensates for the lack of immediate beach. The attentive, hospitable staff are ready to serve and meet individual requests, and for a additional charge, the daily breakfast (included) can be followed by sumptuous meals prepared by a private chef or a relaxed barbecue by the pool. A "luxury seater" (Isuzu Mu-7) comes with a driver, all inclusive in the daily rates (capacity 6 passengers plus a driver), which means it's easy to explore everything Samui has to offer – from waterfalls and elephant rides to nightlife and boat trips to the outlying islands that pepper the villa's amazing views.
Part of a 12.5 acre villa development, situated in the coconut clad heights above Samui’s picturesque west coast, the villa is in a secluded, peaceful location about 10 minutes from the town of Nathon. The town offers a choice of simple shopping and dining options, while for more sophisticated entertainment seekers, the excellent beachfront and hillside restaurants and bars at Four Seasons are a 10 minute drive away and world famous Nikki Beach club is around 20 minutes from the villa in Lipa Noi.
• Large private swimming pool
• A fully equipped gym with Satellite and 42" Apple TV
• Children's playground with trampoline
• Satellite and 50" AppleTV in the living room
• Satellite and 42" AppleTV in Masterbedroom and Children's room
• 32" Apple TV in bedroom 3-4
• Free-standing terrazzo tubs in bedroom 1-4
• Study/library room with generous sun deck
• Satellite broadband (WIFI)
• Fully furnished inc. linens/towels
• Fully equipped western kitchen
• Nespresso coffee machine available, coffee capsule is additional cost
• A pool sala
• Multiple dining area options
• Inhouse SUV (Isuzu Mu-7) can be used during stay, fuel on guest account *subject to availability and conditions
• The resident villa staff will ensure the villa is kept clean and tidy. The Villa Manager is available to cater to guests' specific needs and help organise activities, massage and spa treatments, as well as communication with the Thai chef and dealing with any matter arising at the villa
• Our Guest Relations & Concierge team will visit guests during their stay (usually the day after check in) to further ensure guests have a pleasant stay or to address any matters arising at the villa
• All basic laundry is done for guests at the View on a complimentary basis
• Bed linen is changed every third day, towels are changed as necessary
• Pool towels are provided and replenished as deemed necessary
• On site Thai Chef (Thai cuisine and Western favourites) with shopping list available. Food cost on Guests account (Terms & Conditions may apply for chef service)
• Concierge service for all tours and activities; private tours can also be arranged
• Car rental can be arranged with full insurance coverage, with or without driver
• Baby sitting service on request and subject to availability (charges apply)
Nightly Rental Rates
Rental rates from 1,200 USD++ to 2,100 USD++ per night dependent on season for 5 bedrooms/10 guests
Reduced occupancy rates available for 3 bedrooms only from 1,000 USD++ per night for 6 guests
++rates exclude 10% service and 7% tax
Free night promotions may be available in low season and early bird discounts are available for bookings made more than 120 days in advance - please inquire.
• Rates include daily Continental breakfast
• Daily rates include a full time Thai Chef (food cost on Guests account)
• Rates shown are for a maximum of 10 guests (including children). Extra bed will be charged at US$50 per night
• Minimum stay of 3 nights (7 nights over Christmas or New Year and 10 nights over both holidays, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, Easter and Songkran)
• Daily Rates and extra beds are subject to 10% service charge and 7% tax
• Round trip airport transfer inclusive in rates providing by inhouse SUV
• Baby cot provided free of charge upon request
• For weddings and private parties, surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guests.
Booking Terms and Conditions
Intermediate and High seasons have minimum booking period of 3 night. Prime season has minimum booking period of 5 nights. Christmas/ny dates have minimum stay of 7-10 days dependent on dates.
For Intermediate, High, Promotional Seasons and other seasons stipulated in the rate sheet. All payment (s) received will be credited for use in the same villa as originally booked for within 9 month of the cancellation date if the booking is cancelled after the payment (s) date.
For Prime Season, Christmas/New Year and other season stipulated in the rate sheet. If the booking is cancelled after the deposit and/or balance payment date, all payment (s) received will be forfeited or refunded in pro-rata shall another booking be secured for the same period that has been cancelled. Should a Guest wish to change villa while on site, 3 days notice are required. Should the Guest change property immediately on arrival the 3 days notice will be forfeited. Should the Guest wish to stay in another villa at a lower rate, the Guest is not entitled to a refund on the amount originally paid, should the 2nd villa be more expensive, the Guest is required to pay the difference on site. Early departure is subject to the cancellation conditions as specified above.